(1) Hot Apple Blasts at Carribou: I could have looked up the calories in it, but then it would no longer be a fav. I'm sure its awful for me. But on a crisp day, there's nothing like that caramel apple cider. Man, I wish I had one right now. Let's be honest, I'm probably going to get one in the morning.
(2) All things pumpkin: Fall is awesome because it means it is socially acceptable to bust out the canned pumpkin and start baking. And I already have. Made pumpkin dip this weekend and IT IS DELISH. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it (thanks to Jeanette for passing it along!):
3/4 c cream cheese (6 oz.)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c canned pumpkin
2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Put first 3 ingredients in bowl and beat with mixer really well until cream cheese lumps are out. Add syrup and cinnamon and beat until smooth. Cover and chill for 30 min. Serve with apples or ginger snaps.
(3) Good TV: With the exception of So You Think You Can Dance and the occasional Bachelor/Bachelorette, summer TV leaves a lot to be desired. So fun that the good shows are back! Liz Lemon, Michael Scott, Jeff Probst, Heidi Klum and many others...I have missed thee.
(4) Football: Haha, no not really football in and of itself. (Although, side note, I did join a fantasy football league this weekend!) But there's nothing like a nice fall day in Kenan stadium (especially when we can actually win). And really just all of campus in the fall is so beautiful, I love getting to walk around campus this time of year.
(5) November and December are close-ish: October is really great, but it also means November and December aren't that far away. And that means time with family, fun traditions, getting to decorate and that my bday is just around the corner.
Welcome fall, I'm glad you're here!