Saturday, June 5, 2010

10m High Dive

Josh here...I'm back!

This is not among the stupidest things I've done in my life, but it was on the scarier side.

Today some of the guys went to a indoor swimming facility here in Uppsala. They had Olympic regulations dives. 1m, 3m, 5m spring boards. And 5m, 7m, and 10m platform dives. Don't ask why but I went straight to the top. Go big or go home I guess. Approaching the edge of the board made me second guess why this was a good idea. 33.3 feet doesn't seem like much in any other context. But if you are going to subject yourself to gravity at that height its quite a rush. It was the most unnatural thing in the world to approach the edge and let go. I'm sure if we had a close up of my face you'd see fear in the whites of my eyes.

Here is the result. Quite a splash. My friends from Willmington, Ben and Kyle offer some commentary...


Two other guys did it to... Here is Scott, student from UNC. Right before he jumps listen for, "I can't believe I'm doing this."




And here is Treece, other staff guy from Willmington.




No comments:

Post a Comment