Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lately


Hello blog world, it has been awhile! Here's a brief rundown of some things we've been up to lately:

(1) A trip to the mountains
In October we had a reunion with our Sweden summer project in the NC mountains. And the timing of it happened to hit on our fall break. So we got to head up a little early and enjoy some down time in the mountains. We went to Bryson City for two nights and it was beautiful. We went right as the leaves changed. And here's the view we had from our hotel, not too shabby...


I'm not sure why I look so confused. Maybe just cold?

On our way back to Black Mountain, where the project reunion was, we stopped in Asheville at the Biltmore House. Josh had never been, so it was so cool to get to go with him. My mom met us up there and we all had a great time at the house and Stable Cafe for lunch, yum!


Then we went to project reunion and had a great time catching up with our team!

(2) Half marathon training
No, not me. Never. Josh is running a half marathon this coming weekend. So proud of him and all the training he's done to get ready for it. Meanwhile, I've been sitting on the couch. Yep...Anyways, in October we went to the beach and he did a 10k in Ocean Isle. He did a great job and we got in some good beach time and of course a trip to one of our fav restaurants Bummz. Pictures and details to come post-race this weekend.

(3) I got to see my best buds (or bugs as I accidently just typed) from college for dinner this past weekend. These are the girls I got to live with in a duplex my senior year. We had a BLAST hanging out at Firebirds. We literally stayed for 4 hours. Sorry waitress. We laughed, reminisced, caught up, and did I mention laugh?! These women bring so much life and joy to me and it was so fun to be with them all again, even though the 4 hours went way too fast! Is it March yet so we can all hang out again?!


Ok, well that's all I can think of now. I'll get back to watching the CMAs. Yea, you read that right. The Country Music Awards. Josh, who doesn't even like country, put it on for some reason. And I'm kind of into it so we just keep watching it. I guess that's what happens when Modern Family's not on...

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't watched the last two hours of the CMA's. It was so good I want to save it for a fun hunker down night!

    Yes, I'm fully aware of my total dorkness.

    ReplyDelete